on orders over $100
White Paper Storage Bag - Small
Uashmama Paper Bags feel like leather, wash like fabric and flatten for easy storage. Originally designed as a bread bag, Uashmama washable paper is handmade in Italy using fiber from responsibly managed forests. The paper holds its form so it can be used over and over again for display and practical use.
The bags are soft, yet resilient - the handmade process is similar to leather where the paper is stretched and tanned making it durable to withstand washing and daily use. Use for storing small items, or as a planter or paper bin.
7"w x 13"h
Unroll bag and wash in warm water with a mild soap, then rinse thoroughly and dry flat. Hand wash only, do not machine wash, do not dry clean.
Handmade in Italy.
About the Maker
Uashmama® paper bags are made by "Le Sorelle"- four sisters and their family in Lucca, Italy, a small town in Tuscany. Taking the creativity of their father and the elegance of their mother, they developed a very unique product. The material that is hand sewn into bags is actually washable paper even though it feels like leather. A special combination of traditional artisan craft skills combined with modern innovation.
What makes Le Sorelle so special, is that the whole family is involved with the design and creation of these handmade bags. The name "Le Sorelle" came from the youngest daughter Gaia, when, like typical Tuscans, they were all sitting around the table trying to decide a name for their business.
• All of our goods are handcrafted, thoughtfully designed, and made to last.
• We support independent artisans producing goods in small batch runs.
• We are conscious of our environmental impact and choose to support artisans who are using sustainable materials and production methods.
• Your package will be shipped in a 100% post-consumer recycled or recyclable box with sustainable packing material.
• We support ethical fair trade practices and transparency in origin, maker and materials used.
• We give 1% of sales to support arts in the community. Currently we are supporting Aid to Artisans.