on orders over $100
Uashmama Paper Bag - Gray - XL
The Uashmama Paper Bags feel like leather, wash like fabric and flatten for easy storage. Originally designed as a bread bag, Uashmama washable paper is handmade in Italy using fiber from responsibly managed forests. The paper holds its form so it can be used over and over again for display and practical use.
The bags are soft, yet resilient - the handmade process is similar to leather where the paper is stretched and tanned making it durable to withstand washing and daily use. Use for laundry, towels, blankets, toys, magazines, as a planter or paper bin.
Size: XL - base is 8"w x 9"l
- height is 27" and width when flattened is 17"
Roll the top inside or out to get the look you would like.The carry bag can be hand washed in warm water using a mild detergent or soap. Be sure to rinse thoroughly and reshape before drying.
Designed and handmade by Le Sorelle, a family run company in Tuscany, Italy.
Note: These bags cannot ship to Australia or New Zealand.
About the Maker
Uashmama® paper bags are made by "Le Sorelle"- four sisters and their family in Lucca, Italy, a small town in Tuscany. Taking the creativity of their father and the elegance of their mother, they developed a very unique product. The material that is hand sewn into bags is actually washable paper even though it feels like leather. A special combination of traditional artisan craft skills combined with modern innovation.
What makes Le Sorelle so special, is that the whole family is involved with the design and creation of these handmade bags. The name "Le Sorelle" came from the youngest daughter Gaia, when, like typical Tuscans, they were all sitting around the table trying to decide a name for their business.
• All of our goods are made by hand, mindfully designed, and made to last.
• We support independent designers and makers producing goods in small batch runs.
• We are conscious of our environmental impact and choose to support artisans who are using sustainable materials and production methods.
• Your package will be shipped in a re-used or 100% post-consumer recycled box with re-used or new sustainable packing material.
• We support ethical fair trade practices and transparency in origin, maker and materials used.
• We give 1% of sales to support arts in the community. Currently we are supporting Aid to Artisans.