on orders over $100
Teardrop Cutting Board - Walnut
Timeless cutting and serving boards handcrafted from American Walnut. With invisible joints, pebble-like smoothness and round, tapered edges, these boards are perfect for serving cheeses or using as a daily cutting board. The surface of each board is hand-sanded to a smooth finish and treated with a blend of beeswax and food-safe mineral oil. You will receive a small bottle of oil with your board, so you can continue caring for it when it feels dry.
Length (15 1/2″) Width (10″) Material Thickness (0.70”)
Wipe clean with a soft, damp cloth. Do not submerge in water or put in the dishwasher. When the board feels dry, rub with oil.
Handmade in California
About the Maker
Dominik Kowalik began his career as a graphic designer in Paris, France. After years sitting in front of a screen designing for various brands and companies, he decided to leave the virtual world for a more hands on creative process.
In Los Angeles he learned the traditional craft of guitar making by studying with master luthier John S. Kinnard in Fallbrook, CA. When asked by friends to make cutting and serving boards, Dominik created his first organic-shaped board. From his studio in California, Dominik selects each piece of wood himself, and has built his wood shop based on a desire to craft goods by hand.
The timeless quality of each board can be attributed to its invisible joints, pebble-like thinness and rounded, tapered edges. The surfaces of the wood are hand-sanded to a smooth finish. When completed, each board is treated with a blend of beeswax and food-safe mineral oil.
”I like long days at the shop. Assessing material and building pieces, getting orders and making my own schedule. I never produce more than needed. When an order comes in, I associate the name with the wood, a conversation takes place at this moment between me and the piece I build. It not just a material laying there but it has a purpose and destiny for years to come.”
• All of our goods are made by hand, mindfully designed, and made to last.
• We support independent designers and makers producing goods in small batch runs.
• We are conscious of our environmental impact and choose to support artisans who are using sustainable materials and production methods.
• Your package will be shipped in a re-used or 100% post-consumer recycled box with re-used or new sustainable packing material.
• We support ethical fair trade practices and transparency in origin, maker and materials used.
• We give 1% of sales to support arts in the community. Currently we are supporting Aid to Artisans.