on orders over $100
This small handmade table brush set is useful for sweeping up crumbs stuck in the ridges of wooden tables, or just for easily cleaning a table top or counter.
Brush handle and pan made from oil treated, sustainable beech wood. Bristles from horse hair that is trimmed from the horse. No animals are harmed in the creation of these brushes. Each bundle of bristles is hand tied onto the handle by visually impaired Swedish artists in the traditional time-honored way.
Designed by Lovisa Wattman for Iris Hantverk.
5.5" x 4.5"
Handmade in Sweden
About the Maker
At the end of the nineteenth century, a small brush and broom workshop was started in Stockholm, Sweden. Every brush is handmade by visually impaired artisans combining centuries old handcraft traditions with modern design. Today Iris Hantverk makes beautiful household goods and accessories and still specializes in the handmade brooms and brushes. The bristles are made from a variety of natural materials such as horse hair (trimmed from the tail - no harm to the animal), goat hair (trimmed as well), tampico fiber (from the semi desert areas of northern Mexico) and piassava fiber. Each material is used for different types of brushes. The backs and handles of the brushes are made from birch, oak or beech wood. Each small group of bristles is carefully attached to a wooden handle by hand, creating a beautiful, timeless product.
• All of our goods are handcrafted, thoughtfully designed, and made to last.
• We support independent artisans producing goods in small batch runs.
• We are conscious of our environmental impact and choose to support artisans who are using sustainable materials and production methods.
• Your package will be shipped in a 100% post-consumer recycled or recyclable box with sustainable packing material.
• We support ethical fair trade practices and transparency in origin, maker and materials used.
• We give 1% of sales to support arts in the community. Currently we are supporting Aid to Artisans.