on orders over $100
Stripe Napkin - Plum
100% hand-woven Ethiopian cotton. Natural with a striped design in plum. Sold individually. Fair Trade Federation certified.
Approx. 20" x 20"
Handmade in Ethiopia
About the Maker
Creative Women is a Vermont-based, women-owned company, that has worked in partnership with textile studios in Ethiopia, Swaziland, Afghanistan, Senegal, Mali, Bolivia, Peru, and now India. More than just designing textiles, Creative Women works to promote equitable trading practices and to support women’s economic independence. “I founded Creative Women because I love beautiful things; I want to make a real difference in women's lives; and I'm fascinated by travel,” founder Ellen Dorsch states with a smile, as she talks about her business. “Creative Women allows me to do all three ... by buying directly from women-owned businesses, by expanding markets for hand-woven textiles, and by paying fair prices for our goods.”
• All of our goods are made by hand, mindfully designed, and made to last.
• We support independent designers and makers producing goods in small batch runs.
• We are conscious of our environmental impact and choose to support artisans who are using sustainable materials and production methods.
• Your package will be shipped in a re-used or 100% post-consumer recycled box with re-used or new sustainable packing material.
• We support ethical fair trade practices and transparency in origin, maker and materials used.
• We give 1% of sales to support arts in the community. Currently we are supporting Aid to Artisans.