on orders over $100
Rose Hemp Basket - Small
Woven from all-natural hemp fibers, these decorative storage baskets have a wooden base so they easily sit flat on the table or shelf. Handcrafted by Monique Ste-Marie in Montreal, each one reflects the artisan process and can be used to hold small items or a potted plant.
Approx. 7" x 7"
Handmade in Canada
About the Maker
Monique Ste-Marie is at the forefront of a new generation of designer-makers who apply a modern aesthetic vision to traditional techniques. In 2012, she completed the Textile Construction Program at the Montreal Center for Contemporary Textiles (MCCT) and now has her own atelier in Montreal.
“My creative process centers around the utilitarian object and the features that make it easy and pleasant to use: functionality, design, color, tactile appeal. I’ve always admired the skill of my ancestors who, with very little, took time to fashion everyday utensils from humble materials such as wood and hemp twine. The simple beauty of these handcrafted treasures still moves us in present times. I want to express that same spirit of resourcefulness with contemporary flair, for today’s homes. ”
• All of our goods are handcrafted, thoughtfully designed, and made to last.
• We support independent artisans producing goods in small batch runs.
• We are conscious of our environmental impact and choose to support artisans who are using sustainable materials and production methods.
• Your package will be shipped in a 100% post-consumer recycled or recyclable box with sustainable packing material.
• We support ethical fair trade practices and transparency in origin, maker and materials used.
• We give 1% of sales to support arts in the community. Currently we are supporting Aid to Artisans.