on orders over $100
Easily brush dirt and debris from fresh mushrooms without damaging them or causing them to lose their flavor, which happens when you rinse them in water.
Handcrafted birch handle and horsehair bristles. The bristles are cut from the horses tail causing no harm to the horse. Made using time-honored techniques of traditional Swedish craftsmanship. Each bundle of bristles is attached to the base of the brush by hand.
The brush is easy to care for and will age beautifully. Simply clean with dishwashing liquid and warm water. Hang or stand on bristles to dry and keep the wood from splitting. Oil as needed.
Handmade in Sweden
About the Maker
At the end of the nineteenth century, a small brush and broom workshop was started in Stockholm, Sweden. Every brush is handmade by visually impaired artisans combining centuries old handcraft traditions with modern design. Today Iris Hantverk makes beautiful household goods and accessories and still specializes in the handmade brooms and brushes. The bristles are made from a variety of natural materials such as horse hair (trimmed from the tail - no harm to the animal), goat hair (trimmed as well), tampico fiber (from the semi desert areas of northern Mexico) and piassava fiber. Each material is used for different types of brushes. The backs and handles of the brushes are made from birch, oak or beech wood. Each small group of bristles is carefully attached to a wooden handle by hand, creating a beautiful, timeless product.
• All of our goods are handcrafted, thoughtfully designed, and made to last.
• We support independent artisans producing goods in small batch runs.
• We are conscious of our environmental impact and choose to support artisans who are using sustainable materials and production methods.
• Your package will be shipped in a 100% post-consumer recycled or recyclable box with sustainable packing material.
• We support ethical fair trade practices and transparency in origin, maker and materials used.
• We give 1% of sales to support arts in the community. Currently we are supporting Aid to Artisans.