on orders over $100
Grafa Garden Fork
Handcrafted garden fork with bronze tool head, copper ferrule and kiln dried spotted gum hardwood timber handle. Copper is beneficial for the soil providing copper trace elements and essential nutrients.
Designed specifically for digging in established garden beds or patio gardens. Ideal for lifting crops like potatoes and transplanting small-medium sized plants. Excellent for removing weeds or other fibrous materials, as well as working in organic fertilizers, compost or manure.
The timber handles are slightly rounded at the end with a radius for extra comfort and oiled with UV protection.
All tools come packaged in sustainable kraft boxes, perfect for gifts.
Tool head: 5.25" l x 2.5" w
Wooden handle length: 4.5"
Full handle length including copper ferrule: 6"
Handmade in Melbourne, Australia
About the Maker
Australian Travis Blandford made his first copper gardening tool in 2011. A passionate gardener, he was inspired by the work of the Austrian naturalist movement, which showed that using copper tools could benefit soils in agriculture.
At the time Travis found a handy supply of copper tubing and sheets being thrown away at building sites and so, he designed and made his first prototype: ‘tube’.
Since then his elegant range of artisan digging tools has evolved to incorporate timber-handled designs and other unique variations. “I love working with copper,” he says. “It’s an extraordinary metal. Malleable enough to shape into interesting and organic curves but strong enough to last you a lifetime in the garden.”
• All of our goods are made by hand, mindfully designed, and made to last.
• We support independent designers and makers producing goods in small batch runs.
• We are conscious of our environmental impact and choose to support artisans who are using sustainable materials and production methods.
• Your package will be shipped in a re-used or 100% post-consumer recycled box with re-used or new sustainable packing material.
• We support ethical fair trade practices and transparency in origin, maker and materials used.
• We give 1% of sales to support arts in the community. Currently we are supporting Aid to Artisans.