on orders over $100
Gold Heirloom Holiday Ornament - Oval
This heirloom-quality Christmas ornament is made entirely by hand from porcelain, with a clear glaze that lets the natural beauty of the porcelain shine through. Finished with hand-glazed gold details, these beautiful Christmas ornaments will surely be treasured for years to come.
As each ornament is handmade, no two are exactly the same.
Handmade in Atlanta, Georgia
About the Maker
Working from her backyard studio in Atlanta's West Midtown district, Courtney Hamill is the designer and maker behind Honeycomb Studio. Each object that comes from her small-scale production studio is hand-made, either on the wheel or cast from an original mold, one-at-a-time so that no two pieces are ever exactly alike.
An Atlanta native, Courtney discovered ceramics when she signed up for an introductory class on the wheel her Junior year in college. It was during that class that she developed an intense love-hate relationship with clay. Over the course of many late nights in the studio, the hate melted away and was replaced by a life-long passion for pottery. After college, she moved to Floyd, Virgina to live in an old farmhouse and work as an apprentice to Donna Polseno and Rick Hensley on the Blue Ridge Parkway. In 2012, after a brief hiatus from ceramics, Courtney walked away from her career in non-profit fundraising and hasn't looked back.
• All of our goods are made by hand, mindfully designed, and made to last.
• We support independent designers and makers producing goods in small batch runs.
• We are conscious of our environmental impact and choose to support artisans who are using sustainable materials and production methods.
• Your package will be shipped in a re-used or 100% post-consumer recycled box with re-used or new sustainable packing material.
• We support ethical fair trade practices and transparency in origin, maker and materials used.
• We give 1% of sales to support arts in the community. Currently we are supporting Aid to Artisans.