on orders over $100
Set of four handmade felt coasters. Geometric pattern in natural colorway.
Set is gift-boxed.
Handmade in San Francisco
About the Maker
Molly McGrath is a designer based in the Mission district of San Francisco. As a professionally trained architect she used a laser cutter to make models and one day realized the machine's potential to make other designed objects.
Molly designs and produces all of the work in San Francisco and is focused on ethical material sourcing, accessible pricing, and conceptual integrity. Her items are made with a variety of sustainable materials, including bamboo, birch from responsibly farmed forests, wool salvaged from surplus army clothing, suede reclaimed from second hand jackets and warehouse surplus, and a multitude of scrap wood veneers from local cabinetmakers. She is always on the lookout for salvaged and scrap materials that can be transformed by a lasercut design.
Molly starts the design process with a sketch, which she then drafts in autocad, and prints on her laser cutter. She approaches the designs as she would approach an architectural model: experimenting with the concept, materials, and composition.
“My work is inspired by pattern and form—a skyline, a bird in flight, a composition of branches, a snowflake, textile design and optical illusions.”
• All of our goods are made by hand, mindfully designed, and made to last.
• We support independent designers and makers producing goods in small batch runs.
• We are conscious of our environmental impact and choose to support artisans who are using sustainable materials and production methods.
• Your package will be shipped in a re-used or 100% post-consumer recycled box with re-used or new sustainable packing material.
• We support ethical fair trade practices and transparency in origin, maker and materials used.
• We give 1% of sales to support arts in the community. Currently we are supporting Aid to Artisans.