on orders over $100
Gidon Bing Faceted Vase
Signed, faceted ceramic vase from renowned New Zealand painter and sculptor Gidon Bing. With a matte finish in Robin's Egg Blue, the soft lines and muted tone perfectly accompany any arrangement. Handcrafted from white earthenware and finished with traditional Japanese and Korean glaze techniques.
Approx. 4.5" at the widest point by 5.5" high
About the Maker
New Zealand painter and sculptor Gidon Bing works primarily in plywood sculptures out of his boat shed studio in Auckland's Hobson Bay. Using techniques learned from master craftsmen, Gidon also operates a ceramics studio, where he creates beautiful, functional objects perfect for everyday use.
As a teenager, Gidon spent time in Israel, in the artsy village of Ein Hod and then spent time studying anthropology, archaeology and religious studies at university. He learned traditional furniture making techniques during his time spent in ateliers in the Middle East and Europe, where he hand crafted furniture alongside classically trained craftsmen.
• All of our goods are made by hand, mindfully designed, and made to last.
• We support independent designers and makers producing goods in small batch runs.
• We are conscious of our environmental impact and choose to support artisans who are using sustainable materials and production methods.
• Your package will be shipped in a re-used or 100% post-consumer recycled box with re-used or new sustainable packing material.
• We support ethical fair trade practices and transparency in origin, maker and materials used.
• We give 1% of sales to support arts in the community. Currently we are supporting Aid to Artisans.