on orders over $100
An eco-friendly way to dust your computer. The light, longer bristles sweep dust from the screen without generating static electricity, while the shorter, dark bristles move easily between the keys.
Handcrafted from sustainable Swedish birch wood and horse hair bristles. The hair is trimmed from the horse's tail, with no harm to the horse. Each bundle of bristles is attached by hand in the traditional Swedish way.
4.5" x 5"
Handmade in Sweden
About the Maker
At the end of the nineteenth century, a small brush and broom workshop was started in Stockholm, Sweden. Every brush is handmade by visually impaired artisans combining centuries old handcraft traditions with modern design. Today Iris Hantverk makes beautiful household goods and accessories and still specializes in the handmade brooms and brushes. The bristles are made from a variety of natural materials such as horse hair (trimmed from the tail - no harm to the animal), goat hair (trimmed as well), tampico fiber (from the semi desert areas of northern Mexico) and piassava fiber. Each material is used for different types of brushes. The backs and handles of the brushes are made from birch, oak or beech wood. Each small group of bristles is carefully attached to a wooden handle by hand, creating a beautiful, timeless product.
• All of our goods are handcrafted, thoughtfully designed, and made to last.
• We support independent artisans producing goods in small batch runs.
• We are conscious of our environmental impact and choose to support artisans who are using sustainable materials and production methods.
• Your package will be shipped in a 100% post-consumer recycled or recyclable box with sustainable packing material.
• We support ethical fair trade practices and transparency in origin, maker and materials used.
• We give 1% of sales to support arts in the community. Currently we are supporting Aid to Artisans.