on orders over $100
Chilean Clay Pot - Individual Serving Size
Individual-sized Chilean clay pots, handmade from the white clay of lake Vichuquén. Pure clay, no additives. Clay pot cooking gives an indescribably rich, earthy flavor to casseroles, baked dishes, beans and rice. It might be the most amazing thing you'll ever taste!
The pots must be cured with either oil or butter before the first use. Oil seems to be better, it gives a more even, less streaky coating. Rub a very thin layer all over the pot, place in cold oven and heat to 400F degrees. Leave in heated oven for about 20 minutes and then turn the oven off, leaving the pot to cool with the oven. This will prevent cracking.
For a delicious Chilean vegetable corn pie recipe baked in a clay pot, visit our blog.
Bowl is approx. 5" round x 2" high with a handle of 2.5"
About the Maker
• All of our goods are handcrafted, thoughtfully designed, and made to last.
• We support independent artisans producing goods in small batch runs.
• We are conscious of our environmental impact and choose to support artisans who are using sustainable materials and production methods.
• Your package will be shipped in a 100% post-consumer recycled or recyclable box with sustainable packing material.
• We support ethical fair trade practices and transparency in origin, maker and materials used.
• We give 1% of sales to support arts in the community. Currently we are supporting Aid to Artisans.