on orders over $100
Ben Fiess Tumbler - Song Thrush
Glazed porcelain tumbler with blue speckled glaze from American ceramicist Ben Fiess.
- 4.5" tall x 3.25" wide, 12oz
- Food safe
Handmade in Minnesota
About the Maker
Based in Minnesota, and having recently completed a tenure at the Philadelphia Clay Studio, ceramicist Ben Fiess creates utilitarian ceramic jars with various parts as well as other works of art. Ben's fascination with ceramic chemistry led to the development of a comprehensive online database of ceramic glazes.
"I came to ceramics late in my college tenure. I wasn’t very good, but I worked hard. My father was a cabinetmaker, so I grew up around wood. That made sense to me. It’s this rigid material: you measure it, you cut it, you join it. Clay was completely different. You can make a flat slab, but you bump it, and it’s no longer straight. That was really frustrating for me at first. I wanted to make the clay do something that it didn’t want to do." That early frustration though, has led to the creation of beautiful ceramic jars in complimentary colorways, where his passion and dedication is evident.
• All of our goods are handcrafted, thoughtfully designed, and made to last.
• We support independent artisans producing goods in small batch runs.
• We are conscious of our environmental impact and choose to support artisans who are using sustainable materials and production methods.
• Your package will be shipped in a 100% post-consumer recycled or recyclable box with sustainable packing material.
• We support ethical fair trade practices and transparency in origin, maker and materials used.
• We give 1% of sales to support arts in the community. Currently we are supporting Aid to Artisans.