on orders over $100
Ben Fiess Stacking Vessel - Lilac
Modern porcelain stacking vessel from ceramicist Ben Fiess. Lid is glazed white, one stacking level in matte grey speckle and the other in washed grey. Grey color has a slight lilac hue to it. Use as a jewelry dish for your everyday pieces or in the kitchen as a salt and spice jar.
- 3.5" tall x 4" wide
Handmade in Minnesota.
About the Maker
Based in Minnesota, and having recently completed a tenure at the Philadelphia Clay Studio, ceramicist Ben Fiess creates utilitarian ceramic jars with various parts as well as other works of art. Ben's fascination with ceramic chemistry led to the development of a comprehensive online database of ceramic glazes.
"I came to ceramics late in my college tenure. I wasn’t very good, but I worked hard. My father was a cabinetmaker, so I grew up around wood. That made sense to me. It’s this rigid material: you measure it, you cut it, you join it. Clay was completely different. You can make a flat slab, but you bump it, and it’s no longer straight. That was really frustrating for me at first. I wanted to make the clay do something that it didn’t want to do." That early frustration though, has led to the creation of beautiful ceramic jars in complimentary colorways, where his passion and dedication is evident.
• All of our goods are made by hand, mindfully designed, and made to last.
• We support independent designers and makers producing goods in small batch runs.
• We are conscious of our environmental impact and choose to support artisans who are using sustainable materials and production methods.
• Your package will be shipped in a re-used or 100% post-consumer recycled box with re-used or new sustainable packing material.
• We support ethical fair trade practices and transparency in origin, maker and materials used.
• We give 1% of sales to support arts in the community. Currently we are supporting Aid to Artisans.