on orders over $100
Furoshiki - Black + Pink Angles
Furoshiki (pronounced fu·rosh·ki) is a type of traditional Japanese wrapping cloth. It can be used for bundling or gift-wrapping, carried as a bag or worn as a scarf. This light-weight furoshiki works particularly well for delicate wrapping and softens up the more you use and wash it.
Designed by Leah Duncan, and hand printed in Japan, the Angles Furoshiki is inspired by the angular shapes of Japanese origami techniques. The elements of this design weave around the fabric to create a bold geometric pattern that reflects Leah's roots, mimicking elements of the traditional tapestry designs found in the southwestern United States.
Made from 100% cotton shantung (heavier weight Japanese crepe cloth).
35.4" x 35.4"
Designed in America : Handmade in Japan
About the Maker
Link produces handmade furoshiki textiles through a network of artists and designers from around the world. LInk crosses cultures and generations by creating beautiful and functional products, merging international design with traditional Japanese production methods. The Link Collective was founded by Kyoko Bowskill in Tokyo, Japan.
Each furoshiki is hand-printed and sewn in Japan by a family-owned business with over 50 years experience in furoshiki production. Although Japan's craftsmen often spend a lifetime perfecting their artistry, much of that skill and knowledge is being lost as today’s mass production, cost cutting and on-demand culture drives ever more business decisions. Invaluable knowhow is disappearing as tools are put down, and the last small factories and workshops die out. Link hopes to play a part in keeping these crafts alive by showing what can be achieved when creativity and craftsmanship come together.
• All of our goods are handcrafted, thoughtfully designed, and made to last.
• We support independent artisans producing goods in small batch runs.
• We are conscious of our environmental impact and choose to support artisans who are using sustainable materials and production methods.
• Your package will be shipped in a 100% post-consumer recycled or recyclable box with sustainable packing material.
• We support ethical fair trade practices and transparency in origin, maker and materials used.
• We give 1% of sales to support arts in the community. Currently we are supporting Aid to Artisans.