on orders over $100
Hand-thrown, hand-glazed, earthenware bowl. Matte white and blue underglaze. Use as an entryway catch-all, serving bowl for nuts, chips and snacks or as a decorative piece.
Bowls are food safe and durable.
Approx. 6" wide, 1.5" high
Handmade in New York
About the Maker
Workaday Handmade makes hand-crafted, utilitarian ceramics in New York City. Fusing clean, modern shapes with romantic patterns and unexpected glazes, Workaday products feel both traditional and wholly new. The pared down palate points to a classic sensibility, while hand-painted lines add unexpected whimsy. Each Workaday product embodies the signature qualities behind the brand: rigorous craftsmanship, singular design, and playful, surprising details.
Founder and creator Forrest Lewinger is an artist and musician living in Brooklyn. He began hand-throwing ceramics on his lunch breaks at his day job, as a production potter at a high-end ceramics studio. He started simple, learning from his surroundings and teaching himself craft and process as he went. It wasn’t long before he began churning out vases, bowls, cups, and the occasional experiment—a lump of clay covered in gold luster, vases glazed to look like tortoise shell, and the aptly-named marbled “Lunch Pots,” to name a few.
• All of our goods are handcrafted, thoughtfully designed, and made to last.
• We support independent artisans producing goods in small batch runs.
• We are conscious of our environmental impact and choose to support artisans who are using sustainable materials and production methods.
• Your package will be shipped in a 100% post-consumer recycled or recyclable box with sustainable packing material.
• We support ethical fair trade practices and transparency in origin, maker and materials used.
• We give 1% of sales to support arts in the community. Currently we are supporting Aid to Artisans.