on orders over $100
Tasmanian Oak Board - Aqua
Small aqua dipped serving board from down under. Handcrafted from sustainably grown Tasmanian oak. Use as a cheeseboard or for chopping herbs, onions and fruits. Paint is durable and non-toxic, finished with food safe oil.
5.75" x 14"
Handcrafted in Melbourne, Australia
About the Maker
Australian Joe Chester is the man behind Melbourne Table Co. From his backyard studio in Melbourne, he handcrafts timber homewares and accessories. Previously the manager of a burger bar in Melbourne, he began collecting the tools of the trade and started with a few faceted pendants. Now he oversees a full-service custom furniture company.
Melbourne Table Co. is committed to using reclaimed and recycled materials and Joe finds sourcing the materials to be half the fun. It must be his Tasmanian roots! Joe's design process is very intertwined with the materials he uses and there's a lot of dialog back and forth between the materials and the design.
• All of our goods are handcrafted, thoughtfully designed, and made to last.
• We support independent artisans producing goods in small batch runs.
• We are conscious of our environmental impact and choose to support artisans who are using sustainable materials and production methods.
• Your package will be shipped in a 100% post-consumer recycled or recyclable box with sustainable packing material.
• We support ethical fair trade practices and transparency in origin, maker and materials used.
• We give 1% of sales to support arts in the community. Currently we are supporting Aid to Artisans.