on orders over $100
Our 100% alpaca wool throws are handwoven by a native Aymara women's weaving cooperative in the Atacama desert of northern Chile. Using only the natural wool colors of the alpaca (cream, grey, tan, white and black), each one takes about two weeks to weave on a horizontal pedal loom. The wool is collected from the alpaca, cleaned and washed, then carded and brushed.
The Aymara people of northern Chile inherited their textile practice, techniques and designs from the pre-historic Andean people, passing these traditions down through generations, from grandmothers to mothers to daughters. Your purchase helps support the continuation of these traditions, education and training for the women, and a fair trade working environment.
The Azapa throw features a natural cream center panel with contrasting grey stripes. Felted wool balls divide the cream panel from the stripes on one end. All natural alpaca wool colors, no dye. These throws are super soft and cozy and alpaca wool is naturally hypoallergenic.
Approx. 51" x 63" (excluding 6" fringe)
Designed in the USA, handwoven in Chile
Fair Trade certified
Dry clean only
About the Maker
• All of our goods are handcrafted, thoughtfully designed, and made to last.
• We support independent artisans producing goods in small batch runs.
• We are conscious of our environmental impact and choose to support artisans who are using sustainable materials and production methods.
• Your package will be shipped in a 100% post-consumer recycled or recyclable box with sustainable packing material.
• We support ethical fair trade practices and transparency in origin, maker and materials used.
• We give 1% of sales to support arts in the community. Currently we are supporting Aid to Artisans.