on orders over $75
Pine Needle Basket #49
This small beehive shaped pine needle basket is hand-woven with nothing but pine needles. With no thread or fiber to join the baskets together, these baskets are a true work of art. Sturdy and functional, they are ideal for small objects, keepsakes and jewelry. With a slight natural scent of pine, these handmade baskets will remind you of a walk in the forest.
Each basket is one of a kind. The basket you receive will be the one in the pictures.
3.25" dia. x 2.5" high inc. lid
Straight sides with spiral base. Separate Lid.
Handmade in California
About the Maker
Based in San Diego, California, Aiyana Bailin was born into a family of artists and has spent the past 30-odd years drifting around the United States like a windblown seed. She's a full-time bookworm and part-time dabbler in many things: arts and crafts, photography, philosophy, science, star-gazing, idea-collecting, assorted geekery, cooking, nature appreciation, and various realms of idealistic activism. With a BS in Psychology, Aiyana currently works with developmentally delayed children, and plans to pursue a PhD focused on disability rights. She can generally be found in the company of good books, sincere friends, laughter, and chocolate. Aiyana's goal in life is to leave the world a better place than she found it.
• All of our goods are made by hand, mindfully designed, and made to last.
• We support independent designers and makers producing goods in small batch runs.
• We are conscious of our environmental impact and choose to support artisans who are using sustainable materials and production methods.
• Your package will be shipped in a re-used or 100% post-consumer recycled box with re-used or new sustainable packing material.
• We support ethical fair trade practices and transparency in origin, maker and materials used.
• We give 1% of sales to support arts in the community. Currently we are supporting Aid to Artisans.